Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Clear Water

Fill a clear glass with water.  That water is clear. It is pure and free of anything. It has no color, it is not tainted with anything. It is clean of all impurities. Now take a dropper of red food dye. You drop it into the water and it disperses through out the glass. At first you see it as it streaks through the water.  But then it becomes almost invisible. The only thing you notice is a slight tint to the water. You can never take the color out of the water. Once the water is tainted its always going to be tainted. The only thing you can do is add more, or pour out the water.
That is how I feel about my life. I left a violent relationship and took only what I absolutely needed. I worked really hard to create a new life. But like that glass of water it has been tainted by a drop of red dye. My past keeps dropping little drops of red dye into my pure clean new life. I feel like no matter what I do I can't stop my new life from being tainted. 
So what to do. I will not accept my old life ever again. I will never be the meek little girl that allowed herself to be treated like a slave. I will not allow my dreams to be stomped on and stopped. I am a different person then who I was back then. I survived that life. I will not be a victim ever again.
So what to do with the tainted water? What do I do when the old life haunts the new life? I do not know. I really wish I could answer that question.  I really want to know what to do with the tainted water...because dumping it out and starting over is not an option. What I have is good. What I have is what I need. I just don't need the past to interfer.
So far I haven't figure it out....but I will let you know when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment