Monday, January 9, 2012

Hopes and Fears

I have a friend in California that read me this awesome qoute. "We need to make our plans around our hopes, not our fears."
When I heard this I wrote it down and than just stared at the words. Hopes, Fears, Wants, Desires, Needs, Loss there is so many words that ran through my brain like a herd of antelope.
Finally my mind settled on what was really bothering me. Were my plans based off of hopes or fears?
Do I plan my day around the possiblility that I will run into people that scare me? Do I hope that I will become a doctor and then plan around the fear that I will never make the cut? Where is my head?
I had a EMT teacher that once told me  - "We plan for the worst and we hope for the best, but hope was not a plan." Meaning, plan for every precaution don't just let the hope that nothing will go wrong be your plan. 
My hope and dreams are just hopes and dreams without some kind of plan to get there.
Saying, I want to be a doctor, is a hope. But setting the stage for you to go to school and study medicine - earning money to put yourself through school or applying for scholarships puts your dream in motion. It makes your hopes and dreams a reality.
Uh Oh Reality! Yep! Back to one persons fantasy and another persons reality. The real difference between hopes and fears. Plans made in fear never come out exactly as one plans. Plans made in Hope keep us focused.
Don't let fear rule you.
Be brave. Let your fantasy become hope and your hope help with your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment