Saturday, January 7, 2012

The difference between Reality and Fantasy

What is reality? What is fantasy?  And who tells us which is which. We all want to believe that we live in the here and now. That we are grounded in the right beliefs. But who says what is right and what is wrong. Who says what is reality and what is fantasy. And why do we have to believe these people? Who are they to dictate to me what reality is. 
I looked at the definitions of reality and fantasy:

The definition of Reality:
  1. all that exists or happens: everything that actually does or could exist or happen in real life
The definition of Fantasy:
  1. imaginative power: the creative power of the imagination
Wow! Reality is everything that actually does or could exist. So if I believe that I could fly someday that is a reality. That would be my reality. If I believe that there is a force out in the world that keeps us all grounded and without it we would be free falling through the world, that would be my reality. At the risk of being thought totally insane, what if I believed that there was a way to create and control electricity that would be my reality. All these thoughts were fantasy to most of the people of history. The Wright Brothers,Sir Isaac Newton, and Alessandro Volta, believed in fantasy. They in turn made themselves targets of ridicule and hatred. Through that they created a new reality. We now take that reality as today's norm. Where would our reality be if someone didn't take their fantasy seriously.
So what is this blog about. I hope nothing that serious. I look around at people, humans and wonder; what the hell? Where is your head? Where is their reality. I want to see both sides of the coin...well sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment